THE POWER OF MAKEUP || PINAYAVENTURES


There are a lot of videos and pictures circulating the internet , by now I'm sure you know the power of makeup! Don't get me wrong, I am a pro all natural beauty or the "pulbo and liptint girl" look but not everyone is gifted with beautiful skin that does not need makeup especially when you are suffering from "PCOS" Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.

I had a lot of pimples in 2016, which were visible without makeup(Disclosure: I know it's not good to apply make up everyday, especially the acbe affected spots)

April 2016 was the start of my amenorrhea. We were trying to have a second child and so we thought it was good news. Before, I've had instances of the same situation for 2-3 months the most but this one was different. My amenorrhea lasted till January of 2017. After consultation with my OB I was advised to take contraceptive pills to regulate my period. During the 9 months that I did not have my monthly period, breakouts, acne and weight gain were just some of the side effects of PCOS to me. During these trying times makeup was my confidence booster, mood regulator and my source of strength. I'm sure girls will agree with me that there are instances that you feel really low without any reason, during these instances I apply makeup and I felt better again.

January 2017 after knowing I have PCOS, MAKEIP was my refuge to hide my imperfections

April 2017, I have been having monthly period since I have taken the contraceptive pills prescribed by my OBGYNE and I have noticed that my face have cleared from acne although there are still acne marks and break outs before my period.

Even after my face cleared and now I apply less makeup than before, I still believe in the power of makeup as it makes a difference not only physically but emotionally.

My current go to makeup look in the office and the products I use. I do not apply makeup everyday as I feel that my skin needs to breath once in a while.
I use products available.over the counter like Ever bilena and Maybeline.

For those still starting to build their makeup kit, start with these basic products: BB CREAM/FOUNDATION, CONCEALER, PRESSED POWDER, EYEBROW PENCIL, BLUSH,1-2 BRUSHES, LIPSTICK/LIPTINT, MASCARRA AND EYELASH CURLER. EYELINER, EYE MAKEUP AND CONTOURING can wait till you are all set with applying the basics.


For days when you do not want to do the whole makeup routine, atleast be a "pulbo and liptint girl" apply powder and a little cokor to your lips and cheeks and if you are like me whose eyebrows are nit naturally on fleek, do your brows too and still be presentable and ready for anything.

So girls wether you like makeup or not still bear in mind that you are beautiful, and always be your own kind of beautiful.

                                               xoxo,
                           APRYL OF PINAYAVENTURES

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A TASTE OF ZAMBOANGA IN MANILA:SATTI, PASTIL, DARAL, KNICKERBOCKER AND MORE || PINAYAVENTURES

TOP 5 AFFORDABLE CATERING SERVICE THAT SERVES DELICIOUS FOOD IN ZAMBOANGA CITY

BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION IDEAS ON A BUDGET || PINAYAVENTURES TIPID TIPS