10 reasons why I LOVE ZAMBOANGA, and only 1 reason why not- BLACKOUT


There's a lot of reason why I love Zamboanga City and only 1 reason why i do not- BLACKOUT.

When will it end or will it ever end?
As a blogger, I rely on electricty and my life would not be normal without it. When I tell people or clients we do not have electricty they would not understand it as I should still meet my deliverables. Fees, penalties and sanctions are just some of the many consequences of this crisis,
The presence of electricity in a community signifies progress. Ironically, power outages have become common in Zamboanga City. The absence of electricity causes disruption in our daily activities and affects the city’s economy.  Without electric lights, it would be difficult for me to produce quality contents. While power generators augment for the lack of electricity, especially in business and tourist establishments, they can only do so much. By the way, not everyone can afford a power generator. I can't afford one myself.
With the intense summer heat scorching our beloved hometown, how can you expect us to keep our heads cool when our electric fans and AC are useless? Take note also that Zamboanga is one of the key cities in the Philippines closest to the equator – one of the hottest places on Earth. Add to the fact that these incidents may damage the equipments and appliances that we work hard for to get and buy.
The power outages stem from the Zamboanga City Electric Cooperative’s (ZAMCELCO) outstanding debts with Western Mindanao Power Corporation (WMPC). So, is someone doing something about it? I can only hope! so, enough about negativity and let's check what my Ciudad(city) has to offer.


DIALECT 

Our dialect is called "chavacano" it sounds like spanish but is popularly known as broken spanish. This is the first thing that makes an impression when someone visits the place as everyone(mostly) knows how to speak the dialect and it is pleasing to the ear and sounds like you are in a different country. 

CULTURE

Zamboanga is known for it is the melting pot of different culture that can coexist and respect each others beliefs. There are tribes like the Yakan, Badjao and the like that resides in the city and are even given their own village. 

BEACHES

Clear blue water, those that were featured in magazines and even movies are present in Zamboanga. To name a few, 11 ISLANDS and STA CRUZ ISLAND will definitely be on top of your list when you visit our city.

LOCAL RESTAURANTS

From seafood, to local food, to fine dining, Zamboanga offers a wide variety of food that would make you wanna come back for more. Name it, we have it.

LOW COST OF LIVING

From hotels to restaurants to shopping and more, Zamboanga offers affordability and so tourists often spend just a little amount to get to enjoy our place.

PEOPLE

What i love about my fellow Zamboanguenos is that most if not all are religious, respectful and hospitable. Just visit one or two houses during "fiestas" and you will get what I mean.

ABUNDANCY OF NATURAL RESOURCES

Seafood, fruits, vegetables, are all sold at a very low price. When I go home I indulge as when I go back to Manila the prices will be x5 or 10 the price i will be paying in my city.

NO TRAFFIC

Atleast for now. The traffic being experienced downtown or near the mall in my city would not even come close to the traffic we can experience in Manila.

ALMOST EVERYONE KNOWS EACH OTHER

It is a small worls or in this case city afterall. If you go downtown, you would meet someone you know and will be surprised that it is as if evryone knows each other.

THE ENTRY POINT TO OTHER GREAT CITIES

Zamboanga City is the entry point to Basilan and also near other neighboring cities that also offers it;s unique flavors and colors. To name a few, CDO, PAGADIAN, IPIL, are a bus ride away from my city. 



So, will I still consider living in my city for good? Definitely! I just hope and pray that one day the BLACKOUT crisis will end.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A TASTE OF ZAMBOANGA IN MANILA:SATTI, PASTIL, DARAL, KNICKERBOCKER AND MORE || PINAYAVENTURES

TOP 5 AFFORDABLE CATERING SERVICE THAT SERVES DELICIOUS FOOD IN ZAMBOANGA CITY

BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION IDEAS ON A BUDGET || PINAYAVENTURES TIPID TIPS