WHEN KILAY IS LIFE || PINAYAVENTURES


My eyebrows"kilay" journey is not as perfect as the beauty gurus that you may look up to but it's definitely worth sharing especially for those who would like to improve their "kilay" game.

Year 2008
I know most of you would think I should have already at least learned to do my make-up since I am graduating college. But during this year I know nothing about make-up or eyebrows. For me , during this time "Johnson's" powder and lipstick is all I need to look presentable. I have not yet discovered youtube and the beauty gurus to teach me the how to's of make-up.

2010

Fast forward 2010 I went to Manila to work and so my eyebrows are usually groomed at a salon. The weird thing about my eyebrows is that the natural growth and shape does not have the usual arch plus the fact that I also did not know that filling your brows would make a difference.

2012
 2012, I've learned a thing or two about make-up but was still not finding a solution for my brows. I usually have my brows done now at "Laybare" and even their technicians are not able to help me with my brow problem. They would usually advise me to grow my eyebrows first so they can reshape it.

2013
2013, learned to fill my brows but did not know how to blend and still could not find a solution to my brow dilemma.

2014
 In 2014, I already learned to not only collect and appreciate make-up but learned how to use them.



I knew that my "kilay" can still be fixed when my make up artist cousin did my make-up during our event in our office. I just needed to know how.

2015 was the year I have made a huge decision about my eyebrows. I moved to a different company where I met "my kilay's fairy Godmother" RANJ, he was the person who convinced and eventually did the shaving of the tails of my eyebrows.

Picture 1: is how my eyebrows look like without make-up after shaving the arch off
Picture 2: is how my eyebrows look like before i had the tail shaved off
Pictures nunbered 3: my shaved brows with eyebrow products/make-up

Although my eyebrows look weird without make-up or eyebrow products I did not regret that decision as without shaving the tails of my brows I would not be able to shape it the way I want it as it's usual growth is downward. I did a lot of errors before I was contented with how my brows look like and so for those who are still struggling with their "kilay game", here are some useful tips:

1. PRACTICE - you would not be an eyebrow expert overnight

2. DON'T STOP LEARNING - watch youtube tutorials, read blogs and continue learning

3. BE PATIENT & DON'T GIVE UP - If at first you don't succeed, be patient and never give up on those brows.

4. ASK THE EXPERTS - Don't hesitate to consult with brow experts in brow salons and the like.

5. EXPERIMENT TILL YOU FIND THE BEST BROW PRODUCT FOR YOU - there are a number of brow products that you can use, it's just a matter of finding what you are most comfortable in using. May it be an eyebrow pencil, eyebrow powder, stencils, semi permanent products or even those that you can stamp on your brows. Use whatever you feel like using or a combination of these products, it's up to you....Just always remember your eyebrows are sisters and not twins so it does nit need to be perfect!

                                                   xoxo,
                           APRYL OF PINAYAVENTURES




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A TASTE OF ZAMBOANGA IN MANILA:SATTI, PASTIL, DARAL, KNICKERBOCKER AND MORE || PINAYAVENTURES

TOP 5 AFFORDABLE CATERING SERVICE THAT SERVES DELICIOUS FOOD IN ZAMBOANGA CITY

Tilapia Festival at LAUREL BATANGAS: Masterchef Competition