WHEN KILAY IS LIFE || PINAYAVENTURES
My eyebrows"kilay" journey is not as perfect as the beauty gurus that you may look up to but it's definitely worth sharing especially for those who would like to improve their "kilay" game.
I know most of you would think I should have already at least learned to do my make-up since I am graduating college. But during this year I know nothing about make-up or eyebrows. For me , during this time "Johnson's" powder and lipstick is all I need to look presentable. I have not yet discovered youtube and the beauty gurus to teach me the how to's of make-up.
Fast forward 2010 I went to Manila to work and so my eyebrows are usually groomed at a salon. The weird thing about my eyebrows is that the natural growth and shape does not have the usual arch plus the fact that I also did not know that filling your brows would make a difference.
2013, learned to fill my brows but did not know how to blend and still could not find a solution to my brow dilemma.
I knew that my "kilay" can still be fixed when my make up artist cousin did my make-up during our event in our office. I just needed to know how.
2015 was the year I have made a huge decision about my eyebrows. I moved to a different company where I met "my kilay's fairy Godmother" RANJ, he was the person who convinced and eventually did the shaving of the tails of my eyebrows.
|Picture 1: is how my eyebrows look like without make-up after shaving the arch off|
Picture 2: is how my eyebrows look like before i had the tail shaved off
Pictures nunbered 3: my shaved brows with eyebrow products/make-up
Although my eyebrows look weird without make-up or eyebrow products I did not regret that decision as without shaving the tails of my brows I would not be able to shape it the way I want it as it's usual growth is downward. I did a lot of errors before I was contented with how my brows look like and so for those who are still struggling with their "kilay game", here are some useful tips:
1. PRACTICE - you would not be an eyebrow expert overnight
2. DON'T STOP LEARNING - watch youtube tutorials, read blogs and continue learning
3. BE PATIENT & DON'T GIVE UP - If at first you don't succeed, be patient and never give up on those brows.
4. ASK THE EXPERTS - Don't hesitate to consult with brow experts in brow salons and the like.
5. EXPERIMENT TILL YOU FIND THE BEST BROW PRODUCT FOR YOU - there are a number of brow products that you can use, it's just a matter of finding what you are most comfortable in using. May it be an eyebrow pencil, eyebrow powder, stencils, semi permanent products or even those that you can stamp on your brows. Use whatever you feel like using or a combination of these products, it's up to you....Just always remember your eyebrows are sisters and not twins so it does nit need to be perfect!
APRYL OF PINAYAVENTURES